Dec 23, 2009

Obama Traces His Love of Basketball to an christmas Gift from his Absent Father

One of the most important Christmas presents President Obama ever received was a basketball from the father who was largely absent from his life, the president told Oprah Winfrey.

Asked his beloved Christmas gift as a child, the president recalled a 10 speed bike and then said, "I do remember the one time I met my father he was visiting during Christmas and he gave me a basketball and - the degree to which I came to love basketball - it was not until much later in life that I realized, ‘Actually, he gave me that basketball.' I think there was some cause and effect there in conditions of the degree to which I just ended up taking up the sport as a kid who didn't know his dad."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
car shipping | moving company | charter bus | charter buses | bus charters | Engagement rings | retro clothing | cheap business class flights to bangkok | Houston DUI Lawyers